Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas is Coming


I came home from work today, and Sam was sitting on the couch watching TV on the computer and playing a video game on the TV, the same spot he had been in all day.  So I watched an episode of House with him then made him go shopping with me.  And we got all of our Christmas gifts... except for each others and Sam's dad (any ideas, PLEASE!).  It feels so good to have it done and I am so excited about all the cool stuff we got people, I kind of wish we could just keep it but we don't have room for that much stuff.  I decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to get decorations so we don't have to find room to store it and so we don't just skip over Thanksgiving (well, we did pick up some stockings).  But I've decided to decorate with snowmen.  It doesn't snow here in San Jose but I love cute little snowmen.  Snow is too cold but snowmen are so cute and happy.  

Today's weather was also am indication of the coming holiday.  It was very overcast and even sprinkled a little.  The Christmas season is just so happy and cheerful.  I am excited for Thanksgiving (I am thankful for so much) but I'm really excited for the entire Christmas season.  

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Getting Christmas shopping done early is the greatest feeling in the world, no joke.

The Junior Maxwells said...

I definitely give the thumbs up to the snowmen theme... maybe because that's what I chose, too?! haha. They're just so cute and cuddly (kinda...) You'll have to post pictures of your first Christmas together with all the decorations!

Nana Laurie said...

Tommy's favorite thing to get is new socks. I'm not kidding! He's worse than Sam about presents. We enjoyed spending the afternoon with you guys.