Monday, November 17, 2008

Primary Program

Yesturday was the ward primary program in sacrament meeting. This was Sam and my first program as teachers so we got to sit on the stand to tell the kids when it was their turn to go up. We teach some of the older kids so they mostly all knew when it was their turn, so it was a pretty easy job.

The theme for primary this year was "I am a Child of God." The songs and speaking parts went very well and were a bit moving. The kids did a wonderful job and behaved great. My favorite part was when they sang "I Love to See the Temple." It was so touching to hear little children sing their testimonies of eternal families. I have to admit I was fighting back tears. My other favorite part was when the sunbeams sang at the top of their lungs, even when they didn't know the words! They are so cute and did their absolute best. I am so proud of all of the kids and am thankful that I was able to be a part of it.

3 comments:

Allison said...

You guys are in primary too?! I teach the 10-11 year olds and so does Ally. Is that the group you teach too? You said they were older...hmm, I'm glad it went well though!

Oh, and I'm glad you and Sam had fun together. I have the same problem with Tim. If I don't have a specific list then I have no idea what to get him or if he likes what I get him...I'm pretty nervous about Christmas! Do you think it gets easier the longer we're married?? I hope so!

Kelsey said...

We teach the 9 and 10 year olds.

And I doubt it will get easier. Sam likes giving me a hard time. And Tim is surprisingly similar to Sam. Well, time will only tell.

Nana Laurie said...

Sam was always the star of our Primary program. That's what happens when your mom is Primary president the whole time you're in Primary. One year he stole the show because he had this great talk and no one could see him over the podium. They could just hear him.