Monday, November 17, 2008

Sam's Birthday

Yesturday was also my Sam's birthday. On Friday, his students threw him a surprise party. They even brought him a cake. That night, we went out with a few other couples from church who were having birthdays this month (one had the same exact birthday as Sam). We went to Buca de Bepo in the Prunyard. Sence we live so close, Sam and I just walked over. I can't believe what great weather we're having, we didn't even need our jackets! Dinner was so much fun. We had 10 people in our group, so we ordered four big meals and ate family style. It was great to share good food and good company.

Saturday night Sam convinced me to give him one of his presents a couple hours early. He doesn't like surprises and he's not real big on birthdays but I wanted to save the presents for his actual birthday. So i just wrapped his smaller gift real fast and gave it to him. It was a calender with inspirational sports messages. I think he likes it but it's kind of hard to tell with Sam.

Sunday morning we had to be at church early for the primary program but I let him sleep in before waking him and giving him his other gift: a new game from Target. Again, I can only really guess he likes it, though it was on his list I finally drug out of him last week. After church, we went by his Aunt and Uncle's place. They weren't there but we hung out with his cousin Chris and Ooed and Aaed at their new 67 inch HD TV.

Then we went home so I could make his cake. His favorite cake is German Chocolate but we were going over to my parents house so I know most people wouldn't like that. So I did a regular chocolate cake. Half had German Chocolate icing, the rest had regular white frosting. It turned out pretty good. I just need to figure out how to not burn the bottom and sides of cakes. For some reason I have a problem with that.

After a great dinner, cake and ice cream with my family, we played Monopoly with my siblings. I was about to go bankrupt so I merged with Brandon. Sam had to murge with Trek, and Brandon and I finally murged with them so we could try to take out Rachel. Sam and I had to go before it ended so I hope everything ended well. It was, I think, the best game of Monopoly I've ever played. It was really fun anyway!

So I hope Sam had a great day yesturday. I know I had fun trying to make sure he had a good time. Thanks to Mom for making the yummy dinner and everyone who shared the day with us.

1 comment:

Nana Laurie said...

Sounds like you really did a nice birthday for Sam. I know he doesn't act like he wants anything but I'm sure he enjoyed it. I think it was so sweet of his class to bring him a cake. That means they like him.