Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changing Weather

Work has been pretty busy lately but it has been a great reminder that it is fall.  Last week I did two services in which I drove the flower fan.  Both times they gave me the biggest van they own but only had three flowers.  Driving a vehicle that big can be a challenge but it's kind of fun, I'm getting the hang of it.  

Also on both services it was cold and wet!  I had to go back and forth across the very wet grass to place the flowers by the gravesite.  I did remember to wear my new rain coat but I hadn't gotten any new shoes.  My little black flats were soaked through after carrying the first flower across the lawn.  By the end I thought my feet were going to freeze off.  

I had a great weekend full of Halloween fun and my nephew Andrew's first birthday party.  It was great to spend some relaxing time with Sam's family.  Then on Sunday, we didn't have to teach primary because we're practicing for the primary sacrament meeting program in a few weeks.  It's so cute to see the little kids say their lines and sing with all they have in them, even when they don't know the words!

Then it was back to work.  This week it hasn't rained but has been very windy and cold.  After standing through terrible wind at Oak Hill Memorial Park yesterday, I went out and bought some boots.  The tag said that they had a -10 degree thermal rating  but didn't say anything about rain or wet grass so I'll have to wait for it to rain again to see if they were a smart investment.  They will definitely keep my feet warm!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I'm glad you got a pair of boots. You will be so glad that you did. We had fun with you and Sam this weekend. Hope you get to work in side more this week.

Nana Laurie said...

It was fun seeing you guys this weekend. I hope you have a great time this weekend. It's your "second honeymoon"!