Monday, October 27, 2008

Cooking

So I'm starting to get the hang of cooking!

Friday night we had the missionaries over for dinner.  I made chicken and rice and I only had to call my mom for instructions three or so times.  I thought it tasted good but that thought was confirmed when one of the elders said that it was good and that chicken and rice was his favorite.  So I guess I did a pretty good job!

Then, last night we had my parents and siblings over for Dad's birthday.  I marinated some chicken that morning and Sam grilled it after church, mom brought a couple salads.  I also made the cake, and it actually tasted good.  My oven was just a little small for both 9 inch pans to fit in so I guess one must have been a bit slanted so when it came out, one side was a lot thinner than the other.  I had them bring over a table and we set up outside on the patio because our apartment won't seat seven people.  But the weather was good and the company was great.  I think everyone had a good time and plenty of good food.
  

3 comments:

Heather said...

sounds like you guys had fun. and i am SO impressed that sam cooked. in the 3 years matthew and i have been married he's made me scrambled eggs (whoppe) and i think french toast (lame). good but lame.maybe sam needs to give him lessons

The Junior Maxwells said...

That's great that you were able to seat on your patio, though, usually that's where apartments skimp!

Kelsey said...

I know, we were way luck to get a first floor unit with the biggest patio! This was the first time we've ever used it though.