Monday, December 1, 2008

Holidays

Sorry I'm a little behind on the blogging.  Here's an update:

Thanksgiving was so fun.  My parents and siblings went to Kyle and Suzanne's in Las Vegas.  Sam and I stayed in California to have dinner with Sam's family at Matt and Heathers.  While I missed spending time with my family and seeing my long lost brother and sister-in-law, we had a blast with the Seenos and extended family.  We had a yummy dinner and tasty desserts.  Then a bunch of us played one of our favorite games, Loaded Questions.  We had a blast.  I'm so thankful for great family, new and old.
  
Saturday, Sam and I went out to buy Christmas decorations.  This being our first Christmas we didn't have any decorations.  Without spending too much money, we bought all kinds of different snowmen and Sam picked out a perfect nativity.  Now, hidden around our apartment are 13 little snowmen!  We are still debating what to do about a tree.  Any suggestions?  I know I've already said this, but I am so excited for Christmas.

      

5 comments:

Heather said...

i like that you picked a theme. are you going to choose a different one each year? then you'll end up like my grandma, who had so many different themes, she ended up having to buy 7 other fake christmas trees to hold all her ornaments and things. and now at their house in utah, they have a WHOLE room in their basement dedicated to christmas.

Nana Laurie said...

I do the Snowman theme in the library every year ... then I get to keep everything up until February! I definately think you need to get a tree even if it a little one. You need someplace to hang an "Our First Christmas" ornament.

Kelsey said...

I think I'll stick with snowmen. That way I don't have to buy a bunch of decorations every year, I'll just add a few snowmen each Christmas season.

I think we've decided to get a live tree but we still need to buy an "Our First christmas" ornament.

Suzanne C Hansen said...

I'm a big fan of snowmen and Nativities. Stockings with K and S on them belong in our house. . . but we havn't bought any yet. Also putting out the word you can get some great hand me down decorations.

Kelsey said...

I didn't think of that Suzanne, that's kind of cool. Grandma is throwing out a lot of her old decorations so I told her to keep the snowmen for me. If anyone else has any cool snowmen let me know!