Monday, December 15, 2008

Moving Update

We are now in the new place.  Friday night, Liz, my parents and siblings came over to help load cars.  We loaded my mom's Ford Explorer and my Jeep Cherokee with boxes, Dad's van had the bed and more boxes, and Trek's truck held the rest of the big furniture perfectly.  We drove up to Fremont only hitting a little traffic.  By the time the pizza was delivered we had about everything unloaded and we ate around boxes.  We started unpacking and by the time the boys left there were only a few boxes left.  

Saturday, the cable guy came (late of course) so we have internet and TV again (we upgraded to the next cable packages so we have DVR now.  It's so great!)  We finished unpacking all the boxes and started organizing everything so we can find what we need.  I think we're about there but no decorations or pictures are up.  The place is very cream colored.  The walls are cream, the carpet and the coach are the same cream colors, and all our furniture is brown.  My red kitchen decor helps add color to the place but I can't wait to put up the pictures and Christmas decorations to give it some character.  I think we've decided to get a real tree.  Home Depot is just down the street.  

Well, that's all for now.  Thanks to everyone who helped us move.  We appreciate you all so much.

P.S.  If anyone knows of anyone who's getting rid of a coffee table or end tables let me know.

No comments: