Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Opportunities

This past week has been pretty exciting. On Monday, I interviewed for an accounts receivable position at Oak Hill Funeral Home. Tuesday, they offered me a part time position in the accounting department, which I gladly excepted. Wednesday and Thursday went by a little stressfully trying to get everything set up and in order. Friday, I worked half the day in the records department learning some of my new responsibilities. And Saturday afternoon, I did more training for my new position.

Officially starting next Friday, I will be working 32 hours a week, including 8-5 Friday and Saturday and two other days a week to be determined later. I am so excited to learn another side of the funeral business and even more excited to have steady hours (I also won't have to worry so much about getting sunburnt in the hot cemetery sun)! I am looking forward to all of the opportunities and experiences that this new position will bring.

3 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Congratulations! We are really proud of you. I heard that you liked the records dept.

Georgia said...

Yea for Kelsey!!! I hope it is everything you want it to be. I know the weather is nice now, but you can go for walks around the place instead of having to stand out in it and get burnt. And your uncle is right down the hall so if you need anything, go hit him up. I know he keeps lots of candy in his office.

Heather said...

Congrats! That's great news. And boo to getting sun burned, such an awful feeling.