Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Card Making!

Work has been pretty slow lately so in my free time I've been getting domestic and craftsy! Saturday I cleaned the entire apartment, did laundry, ironed, and sowed a button back onto my jacket.  Sunday, I made a card for my best friend's 21st birthday.  And Monday I baked cookies and a huge casserole. 
  
This was my first homemade birthday card (I made Christmas cards last year but that's all the card making experience I have).  I think it turned out ok but I'm way excited for the card making class I'm going to in a few weeks with Laurie and Heather.  I like making cards, scrapbooking, and other crafts but don't really have the ideas and tools to make them so that they don't look like a fourth grader made them.  I was looking online for ideas for this card and got a lot of cute ideas but didn't have the materials for them (I'm trying not to make scrapbooking and card making turn into an expensive hobby).  This class should give me all kinds of ideas and teach me how to do them but it could also make me want to buy a lot of cool stuff.  Either way, I'm excited to learn new things and spend some time with the Seeno girls!  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Well I was totally inspired by you after seeing your christmas cards! i thought, that looks really easy and is probably pretty affordable. and i would like to think i'm a little right. it is hard to make things not look like a 4th grader did them. when i see ideas on the internet and i try to replicate them, they practically NEVER transpose into what I'm making. but then i think, well it's authentically me. and as for inexpensive...well just wait till you get into a store with TONS of cute paper. i have some paper that was suppose to be used in andrews age1-2 scrapbook, and then paper for card making, and paper i just found pretty. i've had to put a temporary cap on my paper buying.
i can't wait for the class and i hope we all have fun!

Heather said...

I forgot to say i like your card, it's cute. LOVE the colors!

Nana Laurie said...

We ARE going to have fun! And if I can do it you will be great because I'm not crafty at all.

Brandon P. Hansen said...

You shoul make scrap books for Toni and I. We would love to have some, but don't want to make them :)